- Akamillie on ravelry
- Akamillie907 on instagram
- Ravelry group: AndersMill Knits Podcast
- Thank you to everyone who has viewed the first episode, joined the Ravelry group, and introduced yourself in the thread. I have been blown away by y’all! I especially want to thank
- I want to mention that we have a bunch of threads going right now (all started by me lol) so feel free to jump over and introduce yourself, add to the ever-growing podcast list to watch and your favorite makers in the shop till you drop thread. 2 people to point out here:
- hotpinksocks has an etsy shop: the rusted stitchon etsy. She recycles sweaters into project bags how cool is that?!
- Also want to point out Sprite966 who is Helen. She has an amazing video podcast from Scotland! Just found her this morning thanks to her giving me the heads up, watched the first half of her podcast and have fallen in love! (you do have to listen close as her accent is nice and thick but I think that adds triple the charm)!
Reminder on how the podcast is set up: I use counselor terms for the segments;)
- Review Notes (week in review)
- CAse Notes (finished objects)
- In Session (works in progress)
- Treatment Planning (needle adjacent projects)
- In my Tool Box (Acquisitions)
- Consultation (little blurb around counseling/or my thought process for the week)
- My Guy and I went to see “Whose Line is it Anyway” live in Salem last week. the cast was made up of: Greg Proops, Joel Murray, Jeff Davis, and everyone’s favorite Ryan Stiles. This has long been a favorite show for My Guy and I so we were very excited to go. Plus things have been tough for us the past month or so what with my job loss, health problems, move back to Portland and starting a new job. The Elsinore Theatre was gorgeous. Here are some pictures from the event
I was so inspired by the ceiling in the theatre that I plan on designing a shawl based on that motif…I may have bored My Guy for about ten minutes before the start of the show brainstorming how I was going to do this and with what yarn. lol
- Started my new job: still in the training /state qualifying stage so work is spotty but when I’m working I sure am enjoying it! Here is a picture of my new home office: not too much work materials at present so I decorated with knitting supplies.
- Finished my Wedding Shawl!!! : Heliotaxis Pi Shawl By Renata Brenner. using knit purl glow lace in the candle colorway. Used approximately 1300 yards Needles: Signiture #3
- Socks for my wonderful mentor Wendy –Monkey Socks by Cookie A. on the second sock using Missbabs Yummy sock base colorway Tulipa
- HO (half finished object): Mindless, by the bed socks. Just my regular cuff down, 60 sts with a the fish lips kiss heal, on size #1 needles (thinking I need to go down to a 0) – using Opal from their Paradies line colorway 8841 (?)
- Bow Tie by the KNit Picks Team. Yarn: Jill Draper Makes Stuff Esopus in the Sap[hire colorway. Needles: Knitters Pride on size 1US/2.25mm –this is the bow tie that my dog will be wearing at the wedding in his official capacity of ring bearer.
- The Wedding Necktie by Susan B. Anderson Yarn: Quince and Company chickadee ing the peacoat colorway (this is the exact yarn and color that Susan used in her pattern). Knitting needles: Addi dpns 5us/3.25mm. This will be the tie that My Guy wears at the wedding. Using his favorite tie as a model. The amazing hotpinksocks gave me this lead and I am eternally grateful to her for it as everything about this pattern is perfection for the yarn choice to the designer (who doesn’t love Susan?) it is all just perfect!
- Wedding sweater: Cecila by Elin Berglund. Knit up three swatches one in the hedgehog fibers monarch colorway and two in Sweet Georgia Yarn Tough Love Sock in the Passionfruit colorway. Unfortunately the hedgehog fibers got gauge but the lace was lost in the colorway. Haven’t gotten gauge with the Sweet Georgia yarn but the stitch definition is amazing. I plan on knitting the body on size 2us needles and the ribbing on 1.5 or 1us.
- Wedding Socks: Blueberry waffles socks by Sandy Turner turned the heel on the first sock. Used my Lolo Did it in the Pretty Young thing colorway with the contrasting mini skein of the aqua blue that came with it. The heals are knit from some of my yarn from when I was dying. I have a bunch of little shop samples I sent out to potential shops and so I caked up my favorite of these: Salmon Run colorway and knit the heal. Have just enough in one shop sample to knit one heal.
- Still Planning on: After all the wedding knitting my reward is going to be On the Spice Market by Melanie Berg. I am going to use this gorgeous mini set from my favorite local dyer: Three fates Yarns. The main body will be this Black Trillium fingering weight in the Mosetail colorway.
- My Guy’s son is entering the military this next month. I knit him a hat for Christmas this last year and now he has requested that I knit him a pair of socks. We raided my stash and he picked Lion Brand Sock-Ease in the Toffee colorway. I have 2 skeins of 438 yards each so I was thinking of knitting him some boot socks.
- Also My Guys mother has requested that a scarf this year…I hate knitting scarfs, but it is his mother so, sigh, I will do it. No official plans or yarn picked out for that yet.
In My Tool Box
- Bought 2 skeins of the Quince and Company Chickadee in the Peacoat colorway for my guys tie
- Also couldn’t resist and bought 3 skeins of finch in the Clay colorway – no plans for it as yet but bought enough to make a nice sized shawl or cowl.
- The lovely hotpinksocks on ravelry gave me a great idea for my work space: create a chain of pompoms to string across the top. So I bought a set of large pompom makers and plan on using some very old stash!
- Also bought the new Interweave Knits Holiday edition. I just got this morning so have not had a chance to look it over so I will post a review of it next time.