Hello Everybody and welcome back to another episode of AndersMill Knits!
- Akamillie on Ravelry
- Akamillie907 on instagram
- Ravelry group: AndersMill Knits Podcast
The last two weeks have been full of being down with the cold or flu, lots and lots of long days of travel for work, Thanksgiving goodness, unpacking more and more of the new house, decorating for Christmas (which meant going out and cutting down out own tree for the second year in a row), and snuggling up with my guy in front of the fire.
It has been a wonderful two weeks and I have been feeling extra thankful since Thanksgiving.
Sometimes life can be difficult, and sometimes you are able to appreciate the good in life even in the midst of madness.
I am so thankful for so many things and since today is the first day of December I wanted to share 25 things I am grateful for.
- My amazing husband,
- My family and newly extended family,
- My pup,
- My good friends, near and far, both in person and online,
- The roof over my head,
- My job,
- My clients,
- My health,
- My ability to smile,
- Nights snuggling up with my guy and my pup,
- Knowing that I am loved and cared for,
- Yarn, yarn, and more yarn,
- The ability to pay for necessities…and yarn ;),
- The joy of trying new things,
- Long drives through back country roads,
- Podcasts 😉
- Good books,
- The talents of others and their willingness to share,
- Good cheer,
- A stranger opening a door for me at the supermarket,
- I finished my current By the Bed Socks. Just my regular cuff down, 60 sts with a the fish lips kiss heal, on size #1 needles (thinking I need to go down to a 0) – using Opal from their Paradies line colorway 8841 (?) These are amazing and oh so comfy!
- I have a ho, ho, HO! (lol I just had to do that). Actually I think that is what I will name them, my Ho, Ho, Ho Socks. Another no pattern socks knit cuff down, 60sts on size 1 US needles using Gale’s Art sock blank in the “Christmas Tree” colorway. Last I checked she still has these up in her shop!
- Day 1 of my 24 days of sock ornaments is done:) Again I just went off the cuff on this one, I am pretty happy with it, though I would like to do some tweaking and then I thought I would write it up and have it as a free download on Raverly. Yarn for Day 1 Sock is from Gnome Acres in her Olde Christmas sock mini set, the red color.
- I have recast on my husbands “by the bed socks” this time using 54 stitches and a 1.25 mm needle. Yarn is Online Supersocke in the Vorias colorway. Now Ravelry is a tad confusing when it comes to this company and the notes there state that this line is discontinued. I am not sure if that is true but it is a wonderful base and so I may snag a few more balls before they are gone.
- I mentioned last episode that I cast on the Pure Joy Shawl by Joji Locatelli. I have continued work on it, though I will say after knitting such intricate things for the wedding I thought I wanted something mindless however maybe this is a tad to mindless. I am not feeling very inspired by it at the moment. I am using one of my favorite yarns Ella Rea Lace Marino Fingering in colorways LM-56 and LM-67 which are these gorgeous peachy pink and navy blue colors.
- I have also cast on something super special! I bought all the color sets for some Christmas balls from a lovely new vender to me on etsy Friends in Fiber. I am over the moon in love with their yarn, the design of the ornaments, the packaging, and Jan, the owner is incredibly sweet. We have been messaging back and forth for a couple of weeks now and I couldn’t be more happy with this new connection, and dare I say, friend 🙂 The colors are gorgeous and spot on for a vintage Christmas theme, and the sparkle base is mind boggling sparkly and yet super soft at the same time! I can not recommend her more highly. Jan also was very generous and sent us some beautiful goodies to give away 🙂 Stay tuned for that!
In my (and your) Tool Box
- I already mentioned my one purchased tool box item for this week: my Christmas Balls kit from Friends in Fiber. Again I am over the moon in love with the shop, the yarn base and the colors!
- My very dear friend Stephanie of Hotpinksocks sent me an unexpected package upon my return from the wedding trip in which she sent me one of her coveted recycled sweater bags. I’ll admit I cried a bit when I opened the package. I had been hoping to get one for Christmas (bought for myself, by myself lol) but she was so sweet and sent me an early Christmas present of one! And not only that but she sent you guys one as well!!!! Go find her on etsy as The Rusted Stitch. I feel strongly that someone needs this bag for Christmas, so I will open a thread on the Ravelry Group and I would like you guys to answer this question: What is your favorite Christmas memory? I will be drawing a name on the next episode and gift this to a lucky viewer:)
Give Aways and Prizes!
- Favorite Christmas Memory Giveaway is up on the Ravelry Group so go and enter to win! (see directly above for details).
- November Double Dip KAL thread is now closed and the winners are: Post numbers #10 and #27 which are both by Hotpinksocks! Congratulations!
- The December Double Dip KAL/KAL KAl is now open on the Ravelry group. Details on the rules can be found there. The beautiful prize for this month was generously donated by Jan of Friends in Fiber. It is a gorgeous skein of her Donegal Sock base in the “Pebble Beach” colorway. Simply a marvelous blend of neutrals!
Thank you for joining me this week Everybody!