- Host: Emily
- Akamillie on Ravelry
- Akamillie907 on instagram
- Ravelry group: AndersMill Knits Podcast
Well as you all could tell the last month has been bonkers in this house. Lots of doctor’s appointments, work, work, and more work. What it all adds up to is that I do not have much of anything to review 😦
- I completed my first Hexipuff on the epic journey of what will no doubt be a life’s project for a new sock weight blanket. I have wanted to knit this for years and now the time is right! I am knitting these on US 4 wooden dpns. I’m not enjoying the stickiness of the wood though so have put in an order for some hiya hiya dpns. That should solve that! Yarns from stash that I am using: minis from Abstract Fibers, a mystery gradient set, leftovers from other projects and a mini set from Phydeaux Yarns. It all reminds me of a garden!
- I a HO! (half object). I completed one of the ridgline socks for my grandmother for mother’s day and will be casting on the other momentarily. The pattern is of my own design and it is called Alpine Ridge, it’s a simple welting technique and breaks up the straight stockinette nicely.
- I dug out a very old project, a pair of finger less mitts that I was designing and never finished. I adore this pattern and the colorway from Nomadic Yarns called Girl Talk. I have written up the pattern and if anyone wants to test knit it for me that would be wonderful!I am calling this pattern Hummingbird Mitts.
- I have continued working on my the Find Your Fade shawl. I’ve gotten past the first lace repeat and am just now adding in my second colorway. Exciting!
- No movement on my My Heart Mitts Kall . I have the first mitt done and have yet to cast on for the second 😦
- I am at the heal of my third sock with the lovely Deep Distraction colorway from Fibernymph Dyeworks self striping yarn in purples and teals. I seem to have knit two different widths on them the socks and so am trying to squeak out two more socks from the skein and replicate what I did…Fingers crossed!
In the ToolBox
- Bought some beautiful minis and a skein of her lushess sock yarn from Peggy Jane Fibers.
- Also scored me the 10th anniversary colorway from Diabolical Yarns Woot! Rachel also has an audio podcast so check her out! Knit. Dye. Read.
- Finally I splurged and bought myself a few new project bags from Pearl and Plum. I love their designs and they also gave us a cute bag to giveaway on the podcast!