- Host: Emily
- Akamillie on Ravelry
- Akamillie907 on instagram
- Ravelry Group: AndersMill Knits Podcast
- Ravelry Group: Summer Strip Along CAL
Just a reminder that the Summer Strip Along CAL is ongoing until August 31st. We have amazing prizes for completed objects! Go on over to the Ravelry Group and check out the prices and completed projects everyone is so talented! Tag your projects with #ssacal on IG so we can encourage you as you go along as well:)
July has now come and gone and that means that the July Double Dip KAL is now closed and a winner has been randomly selected to win the wonderul kit from knit picks!
This also means that the August Double Dip KAL thread is now open on the Andersmill Knits Podcast Group in Ravelry! This months prize is a romantic and soft skein from Yarn or a Tale on etsy!
I am also very excited to announce that we are hosting a mini skein swap this coming holiday season!!!! we are calling is “24 Days of Cheer” as we want everyone to enter and celebrate whatever holiday (or none) you honor during that time! You can see the full details on the link above and enter the swap by filling out the Google Form I created for the event. Must enter by midnight on September 15th to participate!
The last few weeks have been pretty low key. Due to the very hot weather the northwest is experiencing I am staying close to home and enjoying myself around the house:)
- I have a HO! I finished one sock of my “Carrotie Garden Socks” which I am knitting out of Quaere Fibre in the colorway Heirloom Carrots. As you can see I obviously decided to use a mini in yellow for the heels and toes 🙂
- I have cast on the second of the socks of my “Carrotie Garden Socks” and it is such a relaxing knit! Plus I love the shorter stripe repeats, I adore watching the color changes emerge under my finger tips!
- I have been working like a fiend possessed on my sweater project the last two weeks and it shows! I am knitting the Breathing Space Sweater by Vera Valimaki with the yarn I dyed up while on my stay-cation and I am in love with it!!! My hand dyed purple tonal is is the main color and Hedgehog Fibers in the Monarch colorway as the contrast strip. – I still need to hurry though as the #ssacal closes on August 31st and I am determined to have this completed by then!
- I’ve started working on a kit I got for my birthday. It is a wooden wedding kit that you embroider. I am really enjoying it!
In my Toolbox
Well the 24th was my birthday and I was very blessed with a myriad of gifts.
- My husband bought me the anniversary edition of my favorite board game line by Days of Wonder – Ticket to Ride! I will admit I squealed when I opened it and we spent a good hour looking through the gorgeousness!
- My big sis got me an etsy gift card (which I am saving for a sweater I want to knit)
- My parents purchased me a subscription to yarnbox. I have no idea what level they bought me or when the first shipment will arrive but I can’t wait to share it with you all!
- I also received a bunch birthday money, which I am also saving for the big sweater purchase I foresee in my future lol.
- I have my last swap package to share with you all as well!